March 16, 2011

today...

Cooking (or rather, fermenting). 48-hour old batch of kimchi and pickled vegetables is starting to get nice 'kick' to it. I should probably stop checking on it every hour, but I can't help it. Haven't had kimchi in a while...




Friends. Katrina came over with her little ones, and I managed to sneak in a real grown-up lunch for both of us. Before kids' lunch. And BEFORE 5 p.m. Triple score!




Knitting. Almost done with a couple of projects that were put on hold due to the sickness in our house. Now that everyone is feeling better (except for Maya, who is still dealing with an ear infection), I can finish some things and make good progress on others. Also, found this gem at Costco, full of ideas for using quinoa, loads of gluten-free recipes too. Sweet!

8 comments:

KnitterMama said...

Oh the yarn for your hat is absolutely wonderful. Really and truly wonderful.

KnitterMama said...

Hmm...now I am thinking that it is maybe not a hat...

Katrina said...

had so much fun with you today! seeing that pic of me is proof how much I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a haircut. I think i'll be making that appointment immediately. :-)

Olya said...

this is Elizabeth Zimmermann's 'Baby Surprise Jacket' :)

Katrina, you know there's no such thing as too much red hair, right?

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

I LOVE kimchi, never made it though. Kudos to you for that!

Angie said...

Mark sent us Kimchi from his mission at Christmas time. Needless to say dad made us all try it and then he threw it out in the garden. It makes the best fertilizer because we had the best garden that year:)

Jessica said...

I've never tried kimchi, but I'm intrigued...Have you tried garlic oil for Maya's ear? Isaac's had recurring ear infections and the garlic oil makes the discomfort lessen for him.

Mark said...

Alright, Angie, now I know never to send you any treats in the mail! Glad it worked as compost, at least. I remember bringing some home in my suitcase and Dad made me keep it in the garage. The thanks I get for sneaking it through Customs! :)