March 23, 2011

Sunday afternoon


I often admire those bloggers who can take photos, edit them and write a post all on the same day, often before noon. Or even better, before I even drag myself out of the bed and get to the computer in the morning. I've done that a few times myself (not in the morning though, unless it was 4 a.m. and I was just going to bed), often at the expense of ignoring sword fights and numerous mini-Armageddons happening while I was hard at work trying to finish just one paragraph, getting interrupted more times than the amount of comas and periods combined in my measly 'quick' post. So keeping that in mind, writing about our Sunday afternoon is perfectly normal for a Wednesday post in my book.


Windy weather and sickness aside (Maya's finally over her 10-day long ear infection - yay! but may be coming down with chickenpox - boo), March always makes me all giddy inside. Unlike my fellow U.S. citizens, who follow the 'slow' solar calendar when it comes to season changes, my spring comes on March 1st, just as it did my whole life. Whether it's still snowing or raining outside, I can smell spring in the air. And it fills me with joy. Going from cold dreary winter into awakening spring gets me in the mood for doing crazy things like cleaning out our mini-van that hadn't been cleaned in months. And I pretty much feel like bursting into a loud sound while walking down the street or stepping out into the backyard. I probably shouldn't do it though, our neighbour's dog likes to howl when he hears sirens outside.


But what about our Sunday afternoon? Well, not much really, just a lovely spring-y afternoon, warm sunshine outside, baby girl sleeping under a recently unpacked baby blanket made by a dear 100-year old friend who passed away a couple of years ago. Then some quiet nursing and snuggling time after Ivy's restful nap... Except that this time, the beauty of these simple moments was almost overwhelming. So I asked Mark to grab the camera and snap a few shots, while those moments lasted. Because those moments are the ones we want to remember years from now, even if our typical Sundays are filed with every day chaos...











6 comments:

Darcel @The Mahogany Way said...

Oh my....what beautiful pictures Olya!
I love the pictures of you two nursing and the pictures of her sleeping. So beautiful.

Susan said...

I don't care what day it is, your words and pictures are lovely *everyday*. Beautiful photos. I'm glad that it's spring,too :-)

Katrina said...

beautiful. love the pics mark took. oh i want spring to be here so badly so we can hang out outside and let our kids run wild. and so the sickies will stop getting passed around.

Found & Made Designs said...

those boots! {swoon}

Daisymomto4 said...

just came across your blog. such lovely photos. we have 3 (soon to be 4 children) all in a 2 BR home as well. :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Olya, I just love your blog and all your pictures! I love it! And Your girls are gorgeous!