June 30, 2009

back pain or not...




Right now I really feel like I'm in need of some therapeutic sewing (not for my back, obviously, that's a whole other story). So yes, I got out THAT quilt that was never finished in spite of my whole two attempts to work on it over the last year. I've made more progress than ever before. The quilt top is almost done, batting drying outside. Could it be real? A quilt done by the end of the week?


And I truly don't care if those blocks don't match. Here are my reasons:

* yes, I'm sewing with back pain
* it's my first quilt, which will most likely end up being a picnic blanket, or something in that nature.
* who's going to look closely? I mean, how often do we get visitors or people to have a picnic with?
* I'm not patient enough for re-doing it, I just want it DONE.
* I care about colors and prints more and I care about intricate pattern or perfect stitching.
* as long as it's DONE and usable, I'll be happy as a clam.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fabrics and I'm right there with you... I much prefer the fabrics than the perfect stitching. I can't wait to see it finished.

Leigh said...

I agree! I've made a few small quilts now and they are far from perfect- It's all about the fabrics for me. And yours are gorgeous!!!

The Wizzle said...

I'm with you ladies - just give me a pile of gorgeous colorful fabrics, in any haphazard composition you like, and I'm more than satisfied! It looks wonderful, very "you".

Angie said...

That is really cute! I cant wait to see the finished product:)

Melissa said...

*new lurker here* I'm impressed; it looks beautiful. If I had made that, I'd be pleased as punch and not apologizing for tiny imperfections! I'm actually impressed all around -- the photography, cooking, sewing, mothering. I'm sincerely feeling inspired to be a better mommy and develop my own skills, so thank you for that!

Olya said...

thanks, everyone, for your positive and encouraging feedback :) I'm *this* close to having it finished, it's fun to go through all those 'firsts' in quilting. Just hope I won't have to spend too much time ripping out the stitches when I start actual quilting!

Mummybuttons said...

But it will be wonderful...(perfection or the quest for screws you up....)

I love eveything about it!

Unknown said...

gorgeous. and i might make the recipe tonite. :)

Kara said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I prefer a less uniform quilt anyway to be honest. The fabrics and colours you have chosen are really vibrant! I cant wait to see the finished quilt, I am so tempted to start one myself after seeing yours!