March 7, 2009

Emerging from underground like a spring flower

Yes, that's me. Don't know how to explain the feeling but I know some people know what I'm talking about... I don't know about you but I like to celebrate the arrival of spring on March 1st, after all, that's how it's always been done where I grew up. Slowly, but steadily I feel like the winter ice cap is starting to melt from over my head, the sun is shining brighter, the birds are getting more cheerful and the life begins to emerge. I feel I can breathe again...

With spring comes the irresistible urge to clean, get rid of things that we can live without, make some room for the sake of having more room. Time to organize, evaluate, look at things from a different perspective.

I finally got around to turning Maya's former bedroom into my craft/guest room. It's tiny and cozy, a perfect little corner for my art/sewing/knitting supplies that used to hide in the corners of our living room.

guest/craft room

dresser find corner of goodies


And it's only natural that with organization comes inspiration. So I'm back in the sewing groove, the downside is that my head is bursting with ideas. Now I just need to start sewing for US instead of making gifts for others all the time.



another not-for-me apron

Vintage bed sheet apron


And there's more where this came from... Back to sewing, ta ta!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I love Anya's chubby little leg in that second to last picture. The apron would be fantastic either way, but she makes the picture. I don't know if you intended it to be like that or if you cropped it that way, but I love it. Looks like it should be in a magazine.

(the word verification is "pilittle". cute.)

The Wizzle said...

Awesome! Aprons and felt crowns, some of my favorite projects. :)

jessica said...

you are such an inspiration. i might have to make something now. thanks for sharing all this beautifulness.

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

But your gifts are so great! I love my apron, it's perfect. Now I just need to learn how to cook like you... Can't wait to stay in the guest room again!

Angie said...

What lisa got an apron? ok ok I know you are making stuff for your family now but maybe for christmas:)