February 4, 2009

She did it!

A couple of weeks ago we finally made it to the pool, thanks to grandma and grandpa who came with us, otherwise we'd never dare in our right mind to go to the pool with kids outnumbering us. With grandma's and grandpa's watchful eyes being there, I knew I didn't have to worry about Maya and Elijah getting out of *my* sight. My worry now was Anya.

Knowing how anti-water she had always been (hence the once-a-month baths) and remembering her encounter with water in Chicago where it took her 3 seconds to start screaming after her toes touches the great Lake Michigan, I was confident it was just a matter of a few seconds before she'd get mad at me for trying to trick her into taking a bath that way. Still, she was wearing a cute swimsuit that cost me a whole $2 at a consignment store, so I had to give it a try. I let her toes touch the water. Nothing. I let her feet touch the water. Nothing. I let her hands touch the water. SPLA-SHING. Not believing my eyes I set her down on all fours and she just started crawling around IN THE WATER, like it was the most natural thing for her to do. So she loved it, the whole hour and a half we spent there she kept crawling in the water and splashing. Grandma and I even took her deeper in the pool, she didn't mind that either.

I guess that was another one of those milestones that I knew would happen some day, but it still completely caught me by surprise. Lovely, lovely surprise!





thank goodness for grandmas

4 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Swimsuit is ADORABLE. I totally rock the consignment suits for my kids, too. Glad she liked it! I love that age, when they can crawl in the water but can' really get away from you yet.

Angie said...

Love the pictures! I can just hear my mom talking about how horrified she is but she looks cute:)The kids are cute too!

mamabird said...

Adorable! And I so glad to hear A loves the water =)

Amy said...

A lovely surprise indeed. What a sweet face1