February 1, 2009

Finding courage

Meh, don't know what happened. Well, actually I know what happened at the beginning of ignoring my blog. December was a busy month. You know, the usual - making gifts, getting ready for Christmas. And then... nothing. I just couldn't bring myself to click on the link in my toolbar and make a long overdue post. Pathetic. So that's what I did all January, felt guilty for not posting. Time to be done with this nonsence!

I have to thank quite a few people who left comments, emailed or posted on FaceBook encouraging me to start blogging again. If it weren't for you, I'd probably still try to pretend that I don't know what that blog link in toolbar is for and who's blog it is. The sad thing is, I had things to blog about, things I wanted to write about so I would remember them, but I didn't and I forgot what they were. Lesson learned.

This winter has been everything I expected it to be, long and depressing. The leap into February is very welcome here, it means that there's only 28 days left until first day of spring, and each day is going to get longer and hopefully warmer. Much needed hope of change for my weary mind.

My goal for February is inspired by this blog post (and Emily's blog is worth subscribing to, the quiet energy of her posts and thoughts is like a breath of fresh air, so simple and so refreshing). Each day I'll try to find at least one thing about winter that I'm thankful for and hope that this will help me find joy of life in the moment instead of waiting to start living on the 1st of March...

And to celebrate the fresh start, I'm posting a couple of snapshots of Anya, our almost 10 month old bean who's growing way too fast!



7 comments:

mamabird said...

Yay your back ((hugs))

Amy said...

Happy Groundhogs Day little neglected blog! Glad to see you back again.

The Wizzle said...

So glad you're back! (I'll try this exercise in reverse come August.)

Annie said...

yay, i've been checking faithfully for updates!

Angie said...

Glad to see you made it back! I knew you could do it:) Anya's hair looks a little darker is it or have I just been missing her terribly?

onegoldensun said...

Hurray, Olya! You are back, and I am happily reading your latest posts! I am so glad, your beautiful creations, sweet family and gorgeous photos bring me so much happiness!

Garage Renovation Norwalk said...

Thank you for shharing this