April 9, 2012

Full of love

{Sling Diaries: LOVE}

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

april_14s

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

april_15s

April is a busy month around here, as we celebrate 3 birthdays that are each one week apart. Anya's birthday fell on Easter this year. We decided to celebrate it by doing the things we love to do, enjoying each other's company (small fights don't count), visiting Mark's parents, savoring our time outside and eating the cake I spent all night baking. It made me happy to see the girls opening their presents with so much excitement (yes, all the girls got their present from grandparents on the same day, to cut down on traveling back and forth). And it made me even happier to see all the kids appreciate and enjoy our late evening walk around the farm. I could tell they were trying to soak in the freedom they all of the sudden had, running wildly (since their mom didn't have to freak out about them getting too close to the street :), exploring gopher holes and just being out in the open, with the view so much different than the city where they live in. Oh, how much I love those walks and hikes outside, away from the busy traffic and dirty air.

We always bring a carrier or two when we take kids on hikes, so grabbing a sling on the way out was more of a habit for me. Ivy, being her busy almost-2-year-old-and-want-to-run-everywhere self preferred to take a few nose dives and face plants into the dirt, rather than ride in the sling. Anya ended up being the one who wanted a ride, feeling perfectly content with me carrying her all the way back (lucky me I grabbed a very toddler friendly sling). I didn't mind, she's 4 now and there may not be many more of such moments of closeness brought by babywearing left for us. I'm going to enjoy them whenever I can, as long as I can...

Untitled

P.S. speaking of her birthday, I watched her birth video again (link on the left). Can't help it, still cry when I see her amazing entrance into the world. She did such a great job of cooperating with me on that day :)

6 comments:

darlene mcleod said...

Happy birthday to Anya! She had such a beautiful birth: I can't count the number of times I have recommended your birth video to expectant mothers to watch or the number of times I've watched it with Glynis. Blessings to you.

Olya said...

Thank you! I know every birth is different, even when they are home/hypno births, but it always made me happy to know that Anya's birth video could show that births certainly don't have to happen the way movies and media portray them :)

Barbie // Little Skyline said...

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with your toddler! As someone who also still wears her almost 4 year, it's refreshing to read. Beautiful pictures! You captured some great moments. I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog.

Carolee Beckham said...

Your Anya and I share birthdays :) I hope she loved having it on Easter. I sure did. BTW- the location of these photos is so perfect. How pretty!

Jodi said...

These images are stunning - that landscape is so BIG! And I love that you are carrying your 4yr old in the sling...fine, long and light like my little boy (perfect for extended babywearing!) x

JustForDaisy said...

Beautiful images and such a wonderful thing to share. I love wearing my daughter even though I'm 31 weeks pregnant! :) We share many a walk in the bush and carrying her is part of our bonding and love.
I loved watching Anya's birth story and am about to read Ivy's story too. We are planning a homebirth with our second daugther (who will more than likely be named Ivy - we just need to find a middle name!)
Thanks for sharing. Found you via the Sling Diaries and will be following your blog from now on! :) Come say hi at Just For Daisy x