May 19, 2010

Nesting still

The baby is waiting

for the perfect day to come

when he or she will feel ready

to be born into this world...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to take advantage of every single day and do things that I know I won't be able to do with a tiny little newborn around. Fun things, you know, like cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning. And sewing of course, with some knitting in between. And then there are some 'now or never' things that I was excited to cross of my list lately. Like having some non-mirror photos taken of me by Mark in the middle of our drive down the canyon. 38 weeks, spontaneously picked spot and me feeling very awkward being in front of the camera. But it was all good, I needed something like this after 4 pregnancies...

38 weeks




And I managed to paint my belly with henna too. Something that I was always fascinated with, and now I finally got around to actually doing it. In the true DIY spirit, I painted my belly myself (although I wish it was someone else with a more steady hand and a better view of the paining area), freehand too, because I'm not patient enough to fiddle with transferring the design first. All 3 kids stare with fascination at the flower (or star, depending on who you ask) on my belly every time they lift my shirt to 'kiss the baby'...

henna belly

7 comments:

darlene mcleod said...

Beautiful! You are absolutely right that you deserve wonderful pictures of your lovely pregnant self after four children.

Happy birthing!

saraelise said...

How Awesome!! I regret not having someone take some fancy pics of my fourth pregnancy.You did an amazing job on the henna.

Marcina said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and am smitten. It's lovely. I'm glad I found you:)

Congrats on baby #4! You look gorgeous:)

E.Z. said...

The Henna looks great. Enjoy these last days of nesting!
Zainab

Jodi said...

you are beautiful! blessings for a wonderful birth day x

onegoldensun said...

Beautiful photos, Olya!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

wow - you look amazing! I'm still kicking myself for not taking more pregnancy photos. It's hard getting in front of the camera, isn't it? :)