August 7, 2009

color me happy

I love happy colors, LOVE'em. They can turn an ordinary item into a drool-worthy want-to-frame-it piece of art. At least that's what I think :) I never considered myself a type of person who'd enjoy crocheting, probably because I never considered it challenging enough and I didn't think it had that 'refined' look and feel that I get from knitted items. But after reading this blog for a while, I simply realized (yet again) that the above statement regarding colors applies to crochet pieces as well (duh!). Don't you agree?




these are my first ever crochet hot pads and while I still need to work on more seamless joining, I just adore the texture and fun cheerful colors! And the unexpected bonus of crocheting is that it's one of the few headache-friendly things I can do on a day like today :)

4 comments:

Ariana Sullivan said...

They look absolutely gorgeous! I really love the colors you put together.

Angie said...

Those are really pretty you are very good at any sewing you do!

Kara said...

They are really lovely! Gorgeous colours :)

Kellie said...

HI there! I am not even sure how I got to your blog. :-) I linked around a bit and here I am. Great photos. But I was especially drawn to your crochet pot holders because I too just started crocheting (again). Love your colors. And as another busy mother of three, it seems to be fairly user friendly during those crazy days - a few stitches here, a few there..... Anyway, just wanted to say "hi"!