July 8, 2009

The "Quilt" post


Before I sign off for a week and a half (no blogging while on vacation for me), I have to dedicate a quick post to my quilt. Almost a year in making, after lots of avoiding and feeling intimidated, this baby is complete, down to the very last stitch... And, amazingly, I want to make MORE. Yes, I always feel burned out after completing a time consuming project and feel like I don't want to work on another similar project for a long time. But somehow, it's different with quilt making. Once I got on the roll, there was no stopping me, the more I worked, the more fun it was, until it got to the point that I could hardly keep myself from squealing with joy while hand stitching the binding. Oh, and what a wonderful therapy it was...

Now this baby is resting on the couch, and it's making the whole room more cheerful and happy, despite of all the mess that's not going anywhere :)




yes, very orange. and so very me.






seeing its' first 'action' after the fireworks

4 comments:

Julie R. said...

It's beautiful. And I thought that I didn't want to quilt. You've changed my mind!

The Wizzle said...

Great, now I want to make a quilt! You're going to be the death of me, Olya. :)

No, seriously, it's beautiful. really, really beautiful. Devlin needs new bedding anyway...maybe I could make coordinating quilts for him and Eve...

(That right there is crazy talk. Should I listen to it?)

momma rae said...

this is so gorgeous!! who knew quilts could be so fun and spunky? great work! ;)

Ashley said...

Amazing! I hope to one day tackle a quilt! Thanks so much for the "dye" tips! The coffee filter idea is great and I'm definitely going to pick up some better dye when I am back from vacation!!