June 15, 2009

Rain. Love.


Unsurprisingly, today was raining again. Not "agaaain", but "AGAIN!". Yes, rain makes me happy. And this whole month of June it's been making me happy pretty much every day. Love listening to the rain, better yet, to a good quality thunderstorm. Walking in the summer rain with all 3 kids is surprisingly relaxing as well. I'll be sad when this unexpected (for Utah) season of rain will end (my guess is, this week), and the dry endless heat will take over.

I knew it was going to rain, so I warned Mark that right after church we'd go for a drive... In the rain... And we did... We entered the canyon with sky being partly cloudy and when we turned around after 15 minutes of driving, we saw the familiar stormy sky waiting for us ahead. "FUN!", I said, as we headed towards the storm.




Poor Elijah, he slept right through it and missed all the fun...

3 comments:

Annie said...

we went driving up the canyon this last week looking for a storm too! you are my kind of girl, olya!

The Wizzle said...

Driving through that canyon in the rain sounds pretty much perfect to me.

Angie said...

I love the rain! We have had nothing but the hot lately well the last 10 ten days! I would love a good storm soon I am miserable with allergies. I love your pictures and especially the last with Maya peeking around the seat:)