April 22, 2009

Busy month

Eeeekk, I feel defeated by this birthday month. I did my best trying to keep up with birth-day posts, and believe it or not, they are all typed up and just need some editing, saved in drafts and waiting to be posted...

Until it happens, I won't use that as an excuse not to post anything else. The time line is already messed up anyway, right?

Last week Maya celebrated her birthday and I followed my impulse and made her a last-minute t-shirt that she requested in her last minute wish list. Here it is (the wishlist):

birthday wish list



Puzzled? I'll decode:

Kindergarten Book
Game
P (she never told me, just said "let's skip that for now")
Art Book
Short Sleeve Shirt
New Crayon Set
Velvet Art Work
Wallet
Card (she revealed to grandma that she wants a DEBIT card)
Helmet
Decorations for Christmas

I know she requested a short sleeved shirt, but it was a week ago, when we still had 50s outside with rain and snow. Since I was using old t-shirts to make her a new one, the sleeves were 'pre-made' and I decided to keep them 'as is' until it got warmer. The applique was the time killer, took longer than the shirt itself. I'm still glad I did it, because I had upcoming Earth Day in mind.


Her birthday shirt


birthday girl

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cure shirt and very cute birthday girl!

But a debit card?? Olya, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.

Tory said...

That earth applique is awesome! The extra time was worth it.

Annie said...

i wish i could have heard her say she wanted a debit card out of her own mouth. I would have laughed so hard I probably could have jump- started things on the labor front!

Olya said...

Annie, I actually chocked a little when I heard about the DEBIT card.