October 2, 2008

The current state of things

not sleeping. mess. not sleeping. more mess. not sleeping again.

I guess that about sums it up. Anya still can't figure out how to sleep at night and I fear she's going back to her 'no napping' routine as well. Cute as a button, as always though :)

Our house is a disaster and we can't do much to make it look more decent right now. It takes Maya and Elijah about 10 minutes in the morning to throw toys on the floor, shred paper all over the living room, spill all kinds of stuff and/or food on the table, open 3 boxes of soy milk and spill that on the floor while filling the cups to the rim, go around the room touching everything with i-won't-eat-with-a-spoon hands, all while fighting each other and screaming. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood...

Then if I do get a few minutes to catch my breath during the day, I usually spend that time for eating my breakfast (in the afternoon), and staring at the ceiling afterwards. Mark's coming home means kids losing their minds and getting yet another burst of energy which they use for... you guessed it, making more mess, fighting, running around like crazy and such. So we try to remove them from the house then get back even more exhausted just in time for late dinner. 1.5 hours later they are in bed, Anya is giving up on fighting her tiredness and drifts off to sleep in the arms of ever-so-bouncy Mark and the peace is restored... for an hour or two.

And yet, amidst all this craziness, I find those priceless moments that make up for my state of constant frazzled-ness. Like Maya getting all giddy about her dress-up clothes that mama was forced to buy at the kids consingment store just to get out of there as quickly as possible. Elijah babying his beloved trucks and diggers, carefully wrapping them in his blankie and asking me to give them hugs and kisses. And of course, the star of the show (or queen of the house, jailer of the prison, take your pick), who is getting better and better at her scooting/crawling skills and now manages to make rounds in the living room leaving a trail or drool (or rather licked floor) behind. How can I not enjoy it all? :)





Then somehow I manage to sneak it little sewing projects here and there. They are not perfect, but I don't care about 'perfect' right now, just 'good enough' for the sake of some kind of accomplishment will do.








That's it for today. Time 10 minutes of sleep before Anya wakes up. But I do have post tomorrow about Maya's idea for dinner (after she gave up on expecting mom and dad to feed her)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children are sooo stinkin' cute. I love your photos as always.

The Wizzle said...

Oh, I love the shirts! Both of them. Makes me want to do some more applique shirts. That's probably been my most successful craft project to date - not saying much, admittedly...

Olya said...

Heather and Rachel, thank you and glad to see you over here :)

Rachel, strangely, appliques have been quite intimidating to me up until now. If you got them down, then the rest should be easy ;)