July 31, 2008

We let our child have fun. Sometimes.

I finally decided it was time to do something with my 2 lbs of wool batting I bought back in December 2007. I got totally inspired by this blog post on wet felting, and I could no longer deny that our walls needed some felted wool artwork.

We've never done anything like this before, didn't have clear instructions, so we pretty much winged it. Good thing is quite fool proof :) We also dyed our wool batting in Kool Aid, which Maya had a lot of fun doing and kept asking me to let her taste yet another color of Kool Aid solution (yeah, 'solution' is the right word!)

I think Maya did an amazing job on her first wool felted artwork ever!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She did such a great job! And she looks A LOT like you!

Angie said...

That looks like lots of fun! I wish I could have done something that fun growing up but we just had macaroni to glue on pages:)