April 7, 2009

Where is my baby?

Something has changed last week. I looked at Anya one day and saw a toddler in her. The expressions, the meaning she puts into them, they are not baby grimaces any more. How could it happen so fast? She is not even 1 yet, technically she isn't for a little less than 24 hours. Yet, both Mark and I notice how every day she's losing more and more of her baby-ness, turning into a little toddler...



And now this. Walking... Unlike her older siblings, who waited until 15.5 and 14.5 months until suddenly and unexpectedly walking all over the place one day, Anya is taking a different approach, proving that she's her own little person, no matter how much we try to figure out who she's acting and looking most like. She's taking tiny little steps, sometimes it's just 2 or 3, other times it's 10. But she's doing it, giggling and squealing of joy, as if to show us that her toddlerhood is inevitable yet fun. We get it, we really do, even if we will always secretly miss baby Anya.

Tomorrow is her birthday, and there will be a special post dedicated to that, complete with birth story and video. I still don't want to wait a whole another day before posting a photo of cuddly little gift I made for Anya last night, while my headache wasn't letting me sleep at 3 a.m.


A's birthday present


not perfect, but done


I know this is far from perfect, but what matters is that it's DONE 1 day before her birthday. What a miracle, since I'm always late with handmade presents :)

3 comments:

Kelly Bennett said...

Olya... I cant believe she is turning one!!!! I love the lovie doll!!! Did you make the pattern or are you going to be making any to sell?

The Wizzle said...

That doll is wonderful! I can't believe how quickly these third babies go by...

darlene mcleod said...

That is the darlingest little gnome!