November 7, 2008

I dyed...

That's with a "y", get it? :) I know I haven't posted in a while so I have a bit of catching up to do...

A couple of weeks ago this was delivered by a UPS guy:







My long awaited order from Dharma Trading :D I have to say, I love *colors*. Sounds strange? I love colorful things, playing with colors of my photos, mixing colors when I decide what to wear, looking at the colors in nature and things that surround me. And I LOVE being able to 'paint' things with colors. Well, since I don't paint (yet :), dyeing is perfect substitute to that. And it also allows me to think of all the fun things I can do with yarn and fabric once it's dyed.

These were the first few things I dyed after a long break due to the incident when Elijah dumped all the Procion dyes I had. Our first ever play silks and some lovely soft alpaca yarn which will most likely will be knitted up into a hat soon :)








5 comments:

Angie said...

I love all the bright colors! I am anxious to see what you will make:) Did you see my pictures of Anya on my blog? Check them out they are pretty cute!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I absolutely love the color combo! I bought stuff and fabric for dyeing before we moved but haven't had the guts to drag it out yet.

Anonymous said...

That yarn looks so yummy! And I love the playsilks...I definitely want to dye some myself.

The Wizzle said...

I looooooooove colors too! That's why I always get sucked in and spend hours at the scrapbook store (all the beautiful papers!) and the fabric store even though I don't always know what to do with the stuff once I get it home. I just like to look at it! Your playsilks are beautiful and I hope you love them. My kids are still on the pirate kick with ours. ;)

Annie said...

beautiful as usual! i love your new title banner too!