November 13, 2008

Addicting little hats

I recently discovered a wonderful [free!] pattern for baby/toddler hats called Sweet Baby Cap (or Norwegian baby cap) and I'm already working on my 3rd one, they are so fun to knit and so adorable when they are finished :) Anya ended up with one too, it was my first attempt and turned out to be too big for a tiny newborn I was knitting it for. Doesn't she look like a little pixie baby in the Halloween post below? I had to borrow a picture of A with her aunt Angie, because they just look too cute together :) And I did add embroidery on Anya's cap, maybe I'll take a better photo some day...



The newborn sized cap:



The pattern had to be readjusted for worsted weight yarn and size 7 needles. For those who are curious, I CO 73 st for newborn cap (0-3 months, my guess) and did 10-10-11-11-10-10 st in places where there 18/19st in the original pattern. For Anya's cap (6-12 months?) I CO 91 st and did 13-13-13-13-13-13 st.

4 comments:

Sarah AJ said...

Those are adorable! Thanks for including your modifications, too. I avoid fingering weight yarn at all costs. :)

The Wizzle said...

So cute! Really, though, I have entirely too many baby hats already for this dag blasted AZ weather...

mamabird said...

Oh my that is so adorable!! You are one talented mama =)

Nise said...

This is so cute. I have just learnt to knit from a pattern so I might have to have a go at this one day! Thanks for the link.