August 19, 2008

What bed sheets are good for...

Baby slings! We bought a set of delicious 100% organic cotton bedding at Target a while ago, and I happened to fall in love with the soft silky feel of that fabric, not to mention the gorgeous blue color! We never use flat sheets that come with such sets, so that's a huge piece of organic cotton waiting to be sewn into something! Perfect length for a ring sling and wide enough for 2 or 3 slings. I ended up making the P-Sling style shoulder, since that's my favorite brand comfort wise. My sling turned out to be just as comfortable, and for a fraction of P-Sling price!

I think Anya likes it too :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! And what a great idea for a sling - I will have to try this!

ashley. said...

you always amaze me with your craftiness. this is also the best photo of anya i've seen, save the ones of her coming into the world. and you, of course, always look gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea...it looks great!!!

Angie said...

That is the cutest picture of Anya! I love your idea with the sheets. I hate having that sheet on my bed too maybe I should make a blanket:)

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Oh how I wish I could sew!

And Anya looks so cute and happy! Beautiful.

RO said...

If it is fabric, YOU will find a way to make it into a sling. LOL

BTW, do you have any opinions on the Moby wrap? I've been thinking about getting one...